- 6 POM® 100% Whole Wheat 7” tortillas, halved
- 1 lb (500 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) salsa
- 1 can (796 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn niblets (frozen or canned)
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cheese
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped green onions
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Brown beef in skillet. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in salsa, black beans and corn. Remove from heat.
Place half of meat mixture in an 8 x 8 inch (2 L) or 9 x 9 inch (2.5 L) baking dish. Top with half of the tortillas, making a single layer by placing the cut, straight sides against the edges of the pan and overlapping the rounded edges. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers and sprinkle with green onion.
Bake uncovered in preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Tip: Add ½ cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro to the meat mixture for extra flavour.