- 16 slices POM® White Bread
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°). Flatten bread slices using a rolling pin. Cut out rounds from 12 slices with 4-inch (10 cm) round cookie cutter.
Press bread rounds into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Using 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) cookie cutter, cut out 12 maple leaves from remaining bread slices.
In blender, combine evaporated milk, sugar, maple syrup, egg, flour, butter and vanilla until smooth. Divide filling among muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool completely on rack.
Meanwhile, place maple leaves on baking sheet; bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until toasted. Place on top of pies.