- 8 slices POM® White Bread
- 2 honey garlic or mild sausages
- 4 tsp (20 mL) grainy mustard
- 4 slices Gruyère cheese
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 slices aged Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, at room temperature
Cook sausages according to package directions. Let cool and slice thinly.
Spread mustard evenly over 4 slices of bread. Top each with 1 slice Gruyère, apple slices, sausage slices, thyme and 1 slice of Cheddar. Cap with remaining bread. Butter outside of sandwiches.
In large nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat, cook sandwiches, in batches if needed, for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Tip: Substitute breakfast sausages for honey garlic or mild sausages for great brunch flavours.