Breakfast Apple Pie French Toast
Add a little indulgence to your morning with this Breakfast Apple Pie French Toast. Warm sauteed apples and cinnamon on soft POM® White Bread slices make this recipe a comfort-food staple.
Preparation time 5 min
Total Time 20 min
Servings 2 Servings
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Superclub Sandwich White Bread
- 4 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ Superclub Sandwich White Bread
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, divided
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipped cream or vanilla yogurt
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; add apples, sugar, lemon juice and half of the cinnamon. Increase heat to medium-high; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until apples are tender and sauce is thickened and syrupy.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and remaining cinnamon in a shallow baking dish. Heat remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; dip bread slices into the egg mixture, coating completely. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Spoon sautéed apples and whipped cream over French toast.
Tip: You can use substitute maple syrup for the brown sugar when cooking the apples if desired.