Classic Eggs Benedict
Foolproof blender hollandaise sauce makes it easy to prepare these classic eggs Benedict for the perfect laid-back weekend breakfast.
Preparation time 10 min
Total Time 20 min
Servings 2 Servings
POM® Plain English Muffins
- 2 POM® English Muffins, halved and toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 8 slices Black Forest ham
- 4 poached eggs
- In small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, in blender, combine egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard; purée until smooth. With motor running, pour bubbling butter into blender in thin stream.
- Season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook ham, turning once, until warm and crisp around the edges.
- Divide evenly among English muffin halves; top each with a poached egg and spoon hollandaise sauce over top.
- To poach eggs, fill saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches (8 cm) up side. Heat until water simmers gently; stir in 1 tsp (5 mL) vinegar.
- Break each egg into small dish; holding dish just above simmering water, slip each egg into water. Cook, in barely simmering water, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the white is set and yolk is cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove eggs with slotted spoon; drain well on paper towel.