Quebec Shrimp Dog
This delicious sandwich is a light and fresh addition to your summer barbecue repertoire. It's perfect for lunch or dinner.
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Hot Dog Buns
- 4 POM® Ultra-Soft™ Hot Dog Buns
- 1 lb (500 g) peeled deveined large shrimp, tails removed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced cucumber
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grill well.
- Toss together shrimp, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; marinate for 5 minutes.
- Grill shrimp for 1 or 2 minutes or until just starting to turn pink and curl.
- Meanwhile, grill buns for 30 to 60 seconds per side or until lightly toasted.
- Assemble shrimp in buns with drizzle of mayonnaise and cucumber slices.
Tip: Add 1 minced garlic clove to the marinade if you like.
Add fresh chives, basil, parsley or mint if desired.