Swiss Mushroom Burgers
Cooking sliced mushrooms in foil packets makes for quick and easy grilling. They are perfect to take to picnics and potluck barbecues.
Preparation time 15 min
Total Time 30 min
Servings 4 Servings
POM® Signature Sesame Seed Hamburger Buns
- 4 POM® Signature Sesame Seed Hamburger Buns
- 1/2 lb (250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 premium beef burgers
- 4 thick slices Swiss cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
- Preheat grill; grease grill well.
- Toss together mushrooms, butter, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Arrange mushrooms in single layer on 2 sheets of heavy-duty foil; wrap into packet.
- Grill mushrooms over high heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, grill burgers according to package directions. Place cheese on top and grill for 1 or 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Assemble burgers in buns with lettuce, tomatoes and sliced mushrooms.
Tip: Add some chopped fresh thyme or parsley to the mushrooms if desired.
Use your favourite mushrooms or a mix of mushrooms; use button, cremini, oyster or shiitake.