Tandoori-Style Scrambled Eggs
Store-bought tandoori sauce adds a flavour boost to scrambled eggs. It's a delicious start to any busy day.
POM® 12 Grain Bagels
- 2 POM® 12 Grain Bagels, halved and toasted
- 2 eggs
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tandoori sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) spinach leaves
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
- In nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-low heat; pour in egg mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until eggs are creamy and softly set.
- Mix cream cheese with tandoori sauce; spread over bottom halves of bagels.
- Top with spinach and scrambled eggs.
- Cap with tops of bagels.
Use tandoori sauce. If you can only find tandoori paste, use 2 tsp (10 mL) mixed with 2 tsp (10 mL) water.
Add green onions or chopped fresh cilantro to scrambled eggs if desired.
Serve with prepared mango chutney if desired.