Preparation time 15 min
Total Time 20 min
Servings 6 Servings
POM® Signature Gold Hamburger Buns
Thick Cut Air-fryer Onion Rings:
- Preheat the air-fryer to 400°F (205°C).
- Remove 2 of the burger buns from the package and set aside.
- Using a food processor, combine/pulse the 2 burger buns with the onion powder and garlic powder on high speed for 30 seconds for coarse breadcrumbs, or 1 minute for fine breadcrumbs, and set aside on a plate.
- Whisk the egg in a small shallow bowl.
- Measure flour onto a plate.
- Slice onion into 1/2-inch-thick rounds and separate into rings.
- Pat the onions dry with a paper towel to remove excessive moisture.
- Dredge each ring into the flour, then dip into the egg mixture, and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Place onion rings in a single layer onto the air-fryer tray and spray with cooking spray.
- Air-fry at 400°F (205°C) until golden brown and crispy, for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the ground beef into 6 x 4oz (115g) patties and grill until the desired doneness, flipping at least once during cooking. Do not press down on patties at any time.
- When there is about a minute left on the cooking time, top each with shredded cheese.
- Place buns on the grill, cut sides down and toast for about 10 seconds or until just golden.
- Remove the burgers and buns from the grill and allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Serve with mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, and relish
- Top each patty with cooked bacon and onion rings.
Tip: Freeze the breaded onion rings for 15 minutes on a baking sheet to help the mixture stick better.