Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry Taco
This stir-fry uses leftover steak for a quick and easy lunch idea but you can substitute leftover chicken, pork or shrimp, too.
POM® 100% Whole Wheat Medium Tortillas
- 4 POM® 100% Whole Wheat Tortillas 7 in., warmed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) small broccoli florets
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) thickly sliced leftover cooked steak
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared stir-fry sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame seeds
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry broccoli, onion and red pepper for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add steak and garlic to skillet; stir-fry for 1 minute or heated through.
- Stir in stir-fry sauce and 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; bring to boil.
- Divide stir-fry among tortillas.
- Sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds over top; fold tortillas over.
Tips: Use your favourite stir-fry sauce for this recipe
Try sweet and sour, peanut sauce or teriyaki.