Breakfast Sushi Bagel
If you like sushi for lunch, you will love the flavours of this fully loaded breakfast sandwich.
Preparation time 5 min
Total Time 10 min
Servings 2 Servings
POM® Sesame Bagels
- 2 POM® Sesame Bagels, halved and toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp (1 tsp) wasabi paste
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped pickled ginger
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 slices cucumber
- 6 slices smoked salmon
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- Stir cream cheese with wasabi paste until blended.
- Stir in pickled ginger and green onion.
- Spread evenly over bottom halves of bagels.
- Top with cucumbers, smoked salmon and half of the scrambled eggs.
- Cap with tops of bagels.
Add a few dashes of soy sauce to the scrambled eggs or cream cheese if you like.
Add wasabi paste to taste, adding a touch more if you like it spicy or a touch less if you like it less spicy.
For creamy scrambled eggs: Whisk 2 eggs with 2 tsp (10 mL) water. In nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter over medium-low heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until eggs are creamy and softly set. For decadent scrambled eggs, stir in an extra tablespoonful (15 mL) of butter.