Halloumi Bagel Sandwich
Halloumi is a semi-hard cheese from Cyprus that has a high melting point so it can easily be grilled or pan-fried.
POM® Sesame Bagels
- 2 POM® Sesame Bagels, halved and toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 oz (125 g) sliced halloumi cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch/5 mm thick slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed arugula
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; pan-fry halloumi for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Spread hummus over bottom halves of bagels. Top with arugula and pan-fried halloumi.
- Cap with tops of bagels.
Alternatively, grill halloumi on greased grill set over medium-high heat.
Add slices of tomato to sandwich if desired.