Beer Cheese Dog
Preparation time 10 min
Total Time 20 min
Servings 6 Servings
POM® Signature Gold Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Package of POM® Signature Gold Sausage Buns
- 6 Premium All Beef Hot Dogs
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Flour
- 3/4 Cup (180 mL) Half-and-Half
- 2/3 Cup (160mL) Beer
- 1 Tsp (5g) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp (5g) Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp (2.5g) Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp (1.25g) Paprika
- 2 1/2 Cups (315g) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 Jalapeño Peppers, sliced
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter, then, whisk in flour until well incorporated and smooth for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in half-and-half and continue whisking until slightly thickened for about another minute.
- Whisk in beer, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Once it is all incorporated and smooth, sprinkle in cheese until melted and smooth and set aside.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese, if desired, but the mixture should thicken up after a few minutes as it reaches room temperature.
- Grill hot dogs, turning occasionally for about 8-10 minutes until heated through.
- Place hot dogs into the sausage buns.
- Drizzle with beer cheese sauce and top with sliced jalapeño.