Cheddar Stuffed Mushroom Burgers
Preparation time 10 min
Total Time 35 min
Servings 6 Servings
POM® Signature Gold Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Package of POM® Signature Gold Burger Buns
- 1/2 Cup (125g) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Large Eggs, whisked
- 6 Portobello Mushroom Caps, trimmed
- 6 Thick Slices of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cooking Oil Spray
- 1 Cup (250g) Spicy Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 3 Cups (750g) Shredded Lettuce
- 6 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- Preheat the air-fryer to 400°F (205°C).
- Remove 2 buns from the package of hamburger buns.
- Using a food processor, combine/pulse the 2 burger buns on high speed for 30 seconds for coarse breadcrumbs or 1 minute for fine breadcrumbs and set aside on a plate.
- Whisk the egg in a small shallow bowl.
- Measure flour onto a plate.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese into the center of each trimmed portobello mushroom cap.
- Gripping the cheese in place, dip each into the flour, then, into the egg, and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Place onto the air-fryer rack and cook at 400°F (205°C) until golden brown and the cheese is melty, for approximately 25 minutes.
- Air-fry the buns for about 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Evenly divide and spread each bottom bun with spicy kewpie mayonnaise, layer with provolone cheese and pop them back into the air-fryer for another 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top each with shredded lettuce, mushroom cap, and more spicy kewpie mayonnaise.