Chili Cheese Dog
Preparation time 20 min
Total Time 5 hr 30 min
Servings 4 Servings
POM® Signature Gold Hot Dog Buns
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Season beef on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-proof lidded Dutch pan, sear roast on all sides over medium-high heat until well browned and set aside.
- Add in a beef broth and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon, to release all the flavourful brown bits, reduce the heat to medium
- Add in garlic, onions and red pepper and sauté for about 5-7 minutes stirring frequently, until vegetables have softened.
- Add in beef broth, red kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and all the spices listed and stir to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Add the seared beef back to the pot, cover and cook in the oven at 350°F (175°C ) for 3 hours.
- Turn roast over and continue cooking at 350°F (175°C) for 2-3 hours, until the meat falls easily in shreds.
- Drain the juices and reduce the liquid to approximately 1.5 cups (375ml).
- Pour back over cooked beans and pepper mixture.
- Shred and stir the beef back in, to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill hot dogs, turning occasionally for about 8-10 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly into each sausage bun.
- Place grilled hot dog on top of cheese – heat from a hot dog should slightly melt cheese, then layer with chili and finish with fresh chopped parsley.