Patti Melt Bagel
A classic patty melt gets an update and a flavour boost with an Everything Bagel.
Preparation time 10 min
Total Time 25 min
Servings 1 Servings
POM® Everything Bagels
- 1 POM® Everything Bagel, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thousand Island dressing (approx.)
- 1 slice each Swiss and Cheddar cheese
- 1 hamburger patty, grilled or fried
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook onion for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and caramelized.
- Spread bagel halves with dressing.
- Place 1 cheese slice over one bagel half, then layer onion, hamburger patty and remaining cheese slice over top.
- Cap with remaining bagel; grill in panini press for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with additional dressing for dipping, if desired.