California Sushi Bites
A fun take on sushi, these bites filled with rice, crab and fresh veggies are perfect for sharing.
Preparation time 20 min
Total Time 40 min
Servings 8 Servings
POM® Original Medium Tortillas
- 8 POM® Original Tortillas 7 in.
- 1 cup (250 mL) sushi rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pickled ginger, chopped
- 1 pkg (8 oz) surimi crab meat or legs, cut into chunks
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) matchstick-cut cucumbers
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) wasabi paste
- Additional pickled ginger, for serving
- Place rice in fine sieve; rinse under cold running water until water runs clear.
- In small saucepan, combine rice and 1 cup (250 mL) water; bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt; stir into rice. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir together cream cheese and ginger in small bowl.
- Place tortillas on clean work surface. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over each tortilla; top with rice, crab, avocado and cucumbers.
- Roll up tightly; cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and additional pickled ginger.
Tips: If you like, substitute cooked shrimp or salmon for the crab meat.