Easy Vegetable Samosas
This easy way to make a samosa will surprise and delight you.
POM® 100% Whole Wheat Large Tortillas
- 6 POM® 100% Whole Wheat Tortillas, 10 in
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) mango chutney
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Indian curry paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed cooked potato
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed cooked carrot
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- Cooking spray
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, red pepper, jalapeno, garlic, curry powder, salt and pepper, stirring, for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in curry paste; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, peas and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of water; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through, let Cool completely.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Gradually stir 1/4 cup (60 mL) water into flour to make a paste.
- Cut tortillas in half; fold one half into thirds to make cone (triangle) shape, spreading 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of flour paste under top flap to make it stick together.
- Seal along edges with a little more flour paste, leaving open at top. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Fill each cone with 1/4 cup (60 mL) Samosa Filling. Spread a little more paste along the top edge and press down to seal; place on prepared pan.
- Coat evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking time, until filling is heated through and tortillas are golden brown.
- Serve with mango chutney.
Tips: Substitute POM® Tortillas Sundried Tomato
(10 inch) to switch it up if desired.