Apple Pecan French Toast
With sautéed apples and buttery rich pecans, this French toast is as comforting as apple pie.
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 8 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- In large heavy-bottomed skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook apples, brown sugar and cinnamon, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes or apples are tender. Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon in shallow bowl or dish.
- Melt one-quarter of the butter in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture; cook, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, adding remaining butter as necessary.
- Cut French toast diagonally into triangles.
- For each serving, arrange 4 pieces of French toast on a plate.
- Top with some Apple Pecan Topping.
Tips: For even more decadent French toast, serve with warmed maple syrup and sweetened whipped cream.
Alternatively, serve French toast as dessert or a snack anytime.