Lemon Poppy Seed French Toast
Dressing up this classic breakfast with tart lemon curd and fresh raspberries makes it lovely for entertaining, but it's still so easy to prepare.
Preparation time 5 min
Total Time 20 min
Servings 4 Servings
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 8 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread6 eggs1 cup (250 mL) 10% half-and-half cream1/2 cup (125 mL) milk2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla Pinch of salt1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) poppy seeds2 tbsp (30 mL) butter2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar3/4 cup (175 mL) prepared lemon curdFresh raspberries, for topping
- Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Place bread in shallow baking dish; pour egg mixture over top. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) poppy seeds; flip over and sprinkle with another 1/2 tsp (2 mL) poppy seeds. Soak for 1 minute.
- In large, nonstick skillet, heat half of the butter and oil over medium heat; cook soaked bread, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Wipe out skillet and repeat with remaining butter, oil and bread.
- Divide evenly among 4 plates and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with dollop of lemon curd and raspberries.
- Sprinkle with remaining poppy seeds.