Lemon Poppy Seed French Toast
Dressing up this classic breakfast with tart lemon curd and fresh raspberries makes it lovely for entertaining, but it's still so easy to prepare.
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 8 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread6 eggs1 cup (250 mL) 10% half-and-half cream1/2 cup (125 mL) milk2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla Pinch of salt1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) poppy seeds2 tbsp (30 mL) butter2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar3/4 cup (175 mL) prepared lemon curdFresh raspberries, for topping
- Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Place bread in shallow baking dish; pour egg mixture over top. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) poppy seeds; flip over and sprinkle with another 1/2 tsp (2 mL) poppy seeds. Soak for 1 minute.
- In large, nonstick skillet, heat half of the butter and oil over medium heat; cook soaked bread, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Wipe out skillet and repeat with remaining butter, oil and bread.
- Divide evenly among 4 plates and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with dollop of lemon curd and raspberries.
- Sprinkle with remaining poppy seeds.