Tuna Sandwich with Red Cabbage
Take a lunchtime classic to a whole new level with this Fruity Tuna Salad and Red Cabbage Sandwich recipe. The colourful filling pops with fresh flavours and crisp textures.
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 4 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 1 can (170 g) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 red-skinned apple, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red grapes, halved
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded red cabbage
- In bowl, toss together tuna, apple, grapes, celery and carrot; mix in mayonnaise.
- Spread mixture over 2 slices of bread; top each with half of the shredded cabbage.
- Top with remaining bread.