Raspberry Monte Cristo Sandwich
Perfect for breakfast or lunch, this French toast sandwich is stuffed with ham and cheese. For an over-the-tops andwich, add a fried egg.
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 8 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 4 tsp (20 mL) raspberry jam
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices ham
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, at room temperature
- Spread raspberry jam over 4 slices of bread. Top each with 1 cheese slice, 2 slices ham and another cheese slice. Spread remaining bread slices with mustard and place on top.In shallow baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; dip each sandwich into egg mixture, coating completely. Cook, in batches, for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Tips: Substitute apricot or cherry for raspberry jam if desired. Substitute Gruyère or aged Cheddar for Swiss cheese if desired.