Turkey Caprese Sandwich
The roasted tomatoes are key in this sandwich. You can make them ahead if you like, then heat them briefly in the microwave before serving.
Preparation time 10 min
Total Time 30 min
Servings 4 Servings
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 8 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 2 cups (500 mL) Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Salt
- 8 slices of Deli Roast Turkey
- 4 slices Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 leaves Fresh Basil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Prepared Basil Pesto
- Toss together tomatoes, oil, rosemary and salt. Spread on foil-lined baking sheet; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes or until browned and softened. Let cool slightly.
- On 4 slices of bread, layer turkey, cheese, warm tomatoes and basil.
- Mix mayonnaise with pesto; spread on remaining slices of bread and top the sandwiches.