Turkey Caprese Sandwich
The roasted tomatoes are key in this sandwich. You can make them ahead if you like, then heat them briefly in the microwave before serving.
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 8 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 2 cups (500 mL) Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Salt
- 8 slices of Deli Roast Turkey
- 4 slices Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 leaves Fresh Basil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Prepared Basil Pesto
- Toss together tomatoes, oil, rosemary and salt. Spread on foil-lined baking sheet; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes or until browned and softened. Let cool slightly.
- On 4 slices of bread, layer turkey, cheese, warm tomatoes and basil.
- Mix mayonnaise with pesto; spread on remaining slices of bread and top the sandwiches.