Crispy Cheese & Chicken Quesadilla
Preparation time 15 min
Total Time 35 min
Servings 4 Servings
POM® 100% Whole Wheat Large Tortillas
Creamy Jalapeño Sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- In a food processor, pulse avocado with cilantro, jalapeno, mayonnaise, and vinegar, until smooth and light green in colour.
- Season chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper, then, place into the bottom of a large pot, cover chicken with 1-inch (2.5 cm) of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C) or is no longer pink inside about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to rest until it is cool enough to handle, then, shred into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, then, add the onions and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add in the shredded cooked chicken.
- Stir in garlic powder, dried oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper until well incorporated for another 5-10 minutes.
- Place 4 tortillas onto prepared parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Evenly divide and spread the chicken mixture over the tortillas, then, scatter the chopped pickles over each and sprinkle with both the Swiss cheese and pepper jack cheese.
- Spread mustard over 4 tortillas and press them down (mustard side down) to top the prepared tortillas.
- Spray the tops with olive oil spray and sprinkle with any leftover cheese.
- Bake in oven at 410°F (210°C) for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Flip each tortilla over and add more cheeses to the surfaces, give it a quick press down with a spatula and continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with the jalapeño sauce for dipping.