Chef's Salad in Tortilla Bowls
These crispy tortilla cups make perfect salad bowls - you can use them for all your favourite salads.
POM® Original Large Tortillas
- 2 POM® Original Tortillas, 10 in.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chickpeas
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 3 oz (85 g) cubed Swiss cheese
- 4 slices smoked turkey, cut into strips
- 2 cocktail tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced cucumbers (half moons)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Brush tortillas lightly with oil; nestle each tortilla shell between 2 small stainless steel bowls.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until tortillas take on bowl shape.
- Remove bottom bowl and flip upside down so that tortillas are hanging over remaining bowls; bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crispy, let Cool completely.
- Divide lettuce among tortilla bowls; arrange chickpeas, eggs, cheese, turkey, tomatoes and cucumbers in sections over top.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
Tips: Replace turkey and eggs with avocado and
thinly sliced red onions for a vegetarian salad if desired.