Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with BBQ Sauce
Leftover brisket makes excellent hearty and satisfying sandwiches.
5 h 30 min
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 16 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 4 lb (2 kg) beef brisket pot roast
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beer
- 1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce, divided
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pkg (340 g) coleslaw mix with cream dressing
- Season brisket all over with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat oil over high heat; cook brisket for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well-browned.
- Transfer brisket to a slow cooker.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) water to skillet, scraping up any brown bits with a wooden spoon.
- Pour beer and half of the barbecue sauce over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 10 hours.
- Transfer the brisket to a cutting board; tent with foil and let rest while preparing sauce.
- Skim fat from slow cooker juices; transfer juices to saucepan set over medium-high heat; stir in remaining barbecue sauce for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice brisket across the grain and toss with sauce. Prepare coleslaw mix according to package directions.
- Assemble brisket slices, Swiss cheese and coleslaw between slices of bread.
Tips: Serve with pickles and hot sauce, if desired.