Warm Pumpkin Spice Dip with Cinnamon Sugar Tombstone Toasts
Toasty "tombstones" are fun to serve with this sweet and creamy Halloween party dip.
Preparation time 10 min
Total Time 50 min
Servings 8 Servings
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 12 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ White Bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1 pkg (227 g) whipped cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white chocolate chips
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll each slice of bread into 1/8-inch (2.5 mm) thickness using a rolling pin.
- Cut out shapes using a tombstone-shaped cookie cutter, cutting two from each slice.
- Brush cutouts with melted butter and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, turning halfway through, for 12 to 13 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Let cool slightly; pipe decorations onto tombstones with prepared frosting.
- Fold together pumpkin purée, cream cheese, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer to ovenproof serving dish; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until warmed through. Garnish with white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Serve with Tombstone Toasts for dipping.