Warm Pumpkin Spice Dip with Cinnamon Sugar Tombstone Toasts
Toasty "tombstones" are fun to serve with this sweet and creamy Halloween party dip.
POM® Ultra-Soft™ Sandwich White Bread
- 12 slices POM® Ultra-Soft™ White Bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1 pkg (227 g) whipped cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white chocolate chips
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll each slice of bread into 1/8-inch (2.5 mm) thickness using a rolling pin.
- Cut out shapes using a tombstone-shaped cookie cutter, cutting two from each slice.
- Brush cutouts with melted butter and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, turning halfway through, for 12 to 13 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Let cool slightly; pipe decorations onto tombstones with prepared frosting.
- Fold together pumpkin purée, cream cheese, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer to ovenproof serving dish; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until warmed through. Garnish with white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Serve with Tombstone Toasts for dipping.